Fittonia Albivenis Red is a creeping, evergreen perennial that comes from tropical rainforests in South America.
Common Name: Fittonia Albivenis, Silver Net Leaf, Nerve Plant
Easily identified by its striking pattern, Fittonia Albivenis Red is slightly different from its more commonly known counterpart and showcases the same bold veins in a striking pink or red tone instead of white against its dark green leaves. Fittonia is generally easy-going and can be used in terrarium-like setups such as vivariums and paludariums. This plant should not be submerged fully in water, but it will enjoy relatively high humidity, warm temperatures and misting on its leaves.
- This is not an aquarium plant. Submerging it completely will result in the death of this plant.
- Fittonia works well in terrarium-like setups and should be partially shaded.
- Remove the cotton surrounding the roots and plant into quality soil. For instructions on how to properly prep aquarium plants, click here.
- Yellowing of leaves indicates overwatering.
- Please research appropriately to ensure your plant thrives.